The model PG43SA-D diaphragm pressure gauge has been designed specifically for the highest safety requirements in the pharmaceutical and biotechnology industries. Through its patended diaphragm element monitoring, the risk of an undetected rupture of the diaphragm is eliminated since a red warning dot is immediately displayed on the dial. If this point on the dial remains white, then the pressure element is intact and cost-intensive maintenance on the measuring points is not required.
In the event of a diaphragm rupture, a second barrier in the instrument ensures the reliable separation of the environment and the process.
The diaphragm pressure gauge transmits the pressure, purely mechanically and without transmission fluid, from the process to the pressure element. Due to their thickness, the diaphragm elements are very robust and have high overpressure safety, ensuring a safe pressure measurement without any risk of contamination.
The flush welded diaphragm element in conjunction with the aseptic process connections enables a dead-space free connection to the process. The independent pressure display, needing no external power, finds aplications with the processing and transport of high-quality and critical media, for example on portable tanks.
The PG43SA-D in hygienic design can be used for CIP (cleaning in place) and SIP (sterilisation in place) and in wash-down areas, or it can be completely sterilised in an autoclave. The measuring instrument can thus be cleaned reliably and time-efficiently. The model PG43SA-D conforms to the 3-A Saitary Standard and is certified in accordance with EHEDG.
A variety of 3.1 and 2.2 certificates are available for GMP-compliant documentation, such as a materila certificate of the list of single measured values.
- Hygienic pressure measurement for the pharmaceutical and biotechnology industries.
- Mechanical pressure display on pipilines, fermenters, bioreactors and vessels
- Pressure display during processing and transport of high-quality and critical media
- Suitable for the production of active pharmaceutical ingredients
- For gases, vapour; liquid, pasty, powdery and crystallising media
- Integrated diaphragm element monitoring with status display
- Two barries for secure separation of the process from the atmosphere
- Mechanical pressure transmission without transmission fluid
- Completely autoclavable, suitable for CIP and SIP
Following EN 837-3 and ASME B40.100
Nominal size in mm
1.6 per EN 837-3
Option: Grade A per ASME B40.100
All scale ranges are suitable for the vacuum typical of CIP or SIP cleaning. Positive scale
ranges < 6 bar (< 100 psi) are optionally available in a vacuum-tight version (to -1 bar).
Steady: Full scale value
Fluctuating: 2/3 x full scale value
When the temperature of the measuring system deviates from the reference
temperature (+20 °C): max. ±0.5 %/10 K of full scale value
IP54 per IEC/EN 60529